Extra Peace of Mind and Some Perks Too
Peace of mind — it’s one of the most important benefits America’s Christian Credit Union can provide. With unrivaled security and smart savings – it’s simple! With Secure Checking it’s easier to protect your finances, save money on everyday purchases and enjoy life. That’s something you can count on.
Included with Secure Checking:
- VISA® Debit Card with transaction alerts
- 1 free box of checks per year
- Earn dividends on balances over $1,500
- Unlimited transactions
- Nationwide access to over 5,600 shared branches and 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs2
- Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking & Mobile Deposit
- $hopping Rewards & Travel Discounts
- Identity Protections
- Additional Protections
What is a Secure Checking account?
It’s a special checking account that lets you manage your everyday banking needs while adding benefits such as identity protection, credit file monitoring, shopping discounts, dividends on average daily balances of $1,500+ and more!
Is there a monthly fee?
The monthly service fee for a Secure Checking account is $4.954. There is also a $3.00 paper statement fee per month, which can be waived with eStatement sign up.
Do I need to be an America’s Christian Credit Union member to open a checking account?
Yes, you will need to become a member or already have membership established to open a checking account at ACCU. It is a government requirement that we both create membership and collect certain information to help prevent fraud and combat terrorism.
There are a lot of added benefits offered with this account. When you open an account, you will be provided a registration code for your account. You will be able to log in once you have opened a secure checking account. We suggest you set up your credit file monitoring, identity monitoring, explore shopping rewards and local coupons.
Is there a minimum balance required?
There is a $10 minimum balance required to open a Secure Checking account, but there is no minimum balance required to maintain it. A $1,500 minimum daily balance is required to earn dividends.
How can I access my accounts?
Our mobile app and online banking services make it easy to access your account anytime and anywhere. Transfer funds, send and receive money, pay bills or deposit checks right from your phone. And, of course, we are always happy to help you at any branch. We have thousands of shared-branching locations nationwide and network with more than 30,000 CO-OP ATMs. View all locations here.
Can I deposit a check with my phone?
Yes, you can deposit a check using Remote Deposit in the America’s Christian Credit Union mobile app to deposit a check in seconds. It is available in the Google Play Market® and Apple App Store®.
Can I open a checking account online?
Yes, apply online in minutes! Already a member? You can get started here.
How long does it take to receive a debit card?
You should receive your debit card within 7–10 business days from account opening or request.
Secure Checking makes it simple to take advantage of discounts on financial services, travel and leisure, and everyday purchases while keeping your finances safe!
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage5 – Receive up to $10,000 to help pay expenses, clear your name and restore your identity, should you become the victim of identity fraud.
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolution Services – Should you suffer identity theft, your very own IDProtect® fraud resolution specialist will help you every step of the way until your identity is restored.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration – Register your credit, debit and ATM cards and have peace of mind knowing you can call one toll-free number to cancel and request replacement cards should your cards become lost or stolen. (Registration/activation required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit File Monitoring5,6 – IDProtect will monitor your Equifax®, Experian® and TransUnion® credit files daily, and automatically alert you if key changes occur. (Registration/activation required.)
- Identity Monitoring – Monitoring of over 1,000 databases. (Registration/activation required.)
- Online Identity Theft News Center & Valuable Phone and Web Resources (Registration/activation required.)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance5 – Receive up to $10,000 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. (Coverage divides equally on joint accounts and reduces by 50% at age 70.)
- Cellular Telephone Protection5 – Receive up to $400 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. Maximum of two claims per year. Covers the first three phones on a cellular telephone bill paid through your checking account. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account.)
- Debit Advantage® – Buyer’s Protection5 & Extended Warranty5 – Buyer’s Protection covers items for ninety days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire, or theft. Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. (Item(s) must be purchased entirely with an eligible account.)
Shopping Discounts & Rewards
- Travel & Leisure Discount Membership – Money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses. Members can redeem and print coupons online or access discounts from their mobile device. Digital Access makes saving super easy and convenient, giving instant savings anywhere, and anytime. (Registration/activation required. Available online only.)
- $hopping Rewards™ – Receiving $hopping Rewards is simple! As a member, you have access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers. Simply shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back. Your cash back will be held in your $hopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases or conveniently sent to you as a check. Yes, it’s that easy! (Registration/activation required. Available online only.)
1 – One complimentary box of checks per year.
2 – Via Co-Op Network. Visit Co-opfs.org for a complete list of surcharge-free ATMs and shared branch locations.
3 – APY = Annual Percentage Yield
4 – Account billing will not be reflected until the last business day of the month.
5 – Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the certificate of insurance. Guide to Benefit and insurance document will be included in follow-up letter.
6 – Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.